The Diesel Rebate Scheme (DRS) operated by Revenue came into effect on 1st July 2013.
The scheme sees Revenue repay some of the mineral oil tax paid by a qualifying road transport operator.
Diesel Rebate Scheme Requirements
To qualify for inclusion in DRS, road transport operators must hold an appropriate road transport licence. This licence must be active in the claim period.
Revenue have listed the following requirements to qualify for the Diesel Rebate Scheme;
- Road haulage operators must hold either a national or international road haulage operator’s licence.
- Passenger transport operators must hold either a national road passenger transport operator’s licence or international road passenger transport operator’s licence.
- All operators with a licence issued in this State must hold a current Tax Clearance Certificate.
Other requirements are provided on the DRS website.
How do I claim a diesel rebate?
Road transport operators who have registered for the DRS can submit their claims for repayment online through Revenue Online Service (ROS).
You will need to enter the following details for repayment claims:
- the transport operator’s licence number active within the claim period
- the transport manager’s certificate of professional competence number (not a driver CPC) active within the claim period.
For each vehicle in your claim, you will need the:
- vehicle registration number
- odometer readings at the beginning and end of the repayment period
- quantity of diesel purchased, for that individual vehicle, using the fuel card
- quantity of diesel purchased, for that individual vehicle, using bulk supply.
For each fuel card, you will need the:
- fuel card number
- total volume of auto diesel purchased in Ireland
- total volume of auto diesel on which a claim is being made.
How Velocity Fleet helps with Diesel Rebate Scheme
Velocity Fleet is the online account management system available to customers of Fuelwise.
It can be used to help obtain information required for your Diesel Rebate Scheme.
All historical invoices are available online containing all the details required for the fuel card section of the claim.
You can also create transaction reports which breaks down volume of diesel purchased by each individual fuel card.
This helps to save a lot of time when it comes to submitting your Diesel Rebate Scheme claim.
Getting started with Fuelwise Fuel Cards
To get started with Fuelwise Fuel Cards and gain access to Velocity Fleet submit the form below.
Once received a member of our team will contact you soon.