Driver ID Fobs enable you to track the performance of single individuals who share their work vehicle with other employees.
- What are Driver ID Fobs?
- Why you need Driver ID Fobs
- Benefits of Driver ID
- Required Equipment
- How The Kit Works
- Driver ID Reports
What are Driver ID Fobs?
Driver ID Fobs enable you to identify which driver is driving a specific vehicle at any given time. This enables you to run reports to analyse the performance of each individual driver. Driver ID is designed for businesses that have multiple drivers sharing the same vehicle.
The feature enables them to track the performance of each driver plus help drivers to improve their driving style.
Why you need Driver ID Fobs
If you are a business that wishes to utilise Telematics but has multiple drivers sharing the same vehicle, then this solution is for you.
You will be able to create Journey History reports for each driver to track where they have been. You can also create reports to track Speeding, Idling, Harsh Breaking, Harsh Acceleration and Harsh Cornering.
Security features are also available. Using the Geofence feature you can create virtual zones and alerts. If a vehicle enters or leaves these zones you will be notified, enabling you to react immediately if a vehicle has been stolen.
Benefits of Driver ID Fobs
There are many benefits of utilising Driver ID;
- Timesheets for each driver
- Journey History reports for each driver
- Individual Driver Performance scores to analyse driving styles
- Record data for both drivers and vehicles
- Ensure each person is driving the correct vehicle
- Record business and private mileage
Driver ID Kit
To enable Driver ID, users must have at least one of each component;
- 2 Fobs
How The Kit Works
A Reader is attached to the dashboard and each driver is assigned with their own Fob which they use to sign in. To sign in the driver places their Driver ID Fob on the Reader which registers them to that specific vehicle. All data recorded will then be assigned to the driver who just signed in.
When the ignition has been turned on the Buzzer will sound until it is tapped with a Fob.
- Reader: Fitted inside the vehicle and used to read the serial number of each fob to obtain the driver information.
- Harness: The wire is used to connect all of the components together.
- Buzzer: Fitted inside the vehicle and will sound until the fob is connected to the reader
- Fobs: Assigned to a driver and used to sign into the vehicle.
Driver ID Fobs Reports
All data is stored on Velocity, the same system used to manage Fuel Cards, Telematics, Vehicle Cameras and Vehicle Checks.
Fleet Managers can login and create reports for each individual driver such as;
- Trip History
- Harsh Acceleration, Breaking & Cornering
- Miles Per Gallon (Fuelwise Fuel Card Integration required)
Using this information they can then assess individual scores and put in place performance plans to improve the scores.
Driver ID Fobs provide the ability to identify which driver is driving a specific vehicle to create individual driver and vehicle reports. To support this, each driver requires a Driver ID Fob to login to the vehicle they are driving.
Using Velocity reports Fleet Managers can create reports over a 30 day period, giving them the power to see key metrics on individual performance and advise on improvements where necessary.
If you require Driver ID Fobs for your vehicles why not take 30 minutes to view our system and learn how you will benefit?
To arrange your demo please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.