Originally Published 19/04/2021
How Do Fuel Cards Work?
Fuel Cards work by enabling individuals and companies to fill up at fuel stations on the site network. Rather than using cash or a credit/debit card, the company provides the driver with a fuel card which they present to the cashier. The company is then billed at a later date by the fuel card provider.
Who Can Use Fuel Cards?
Fuelwise Fuel Cards are used by small and large businesses right across Ireland and the UK, with fleet sizes ranging from 1 vehicle to over 100 vehicles. Regardless the size of your fleet you will benefit from cost savings, reduced admin and increased security.
How To Use A Fuel Card?
To use a fuel card follow these instructions;
- Select a fuel station on our network using E-Route
- Fill your vehicle with fuel
- Present your Fuelwise Fuel Card to the shopkeeper
- You will be asked for your PIN and if you wish to record mileage
- The shopkeeper will hand your back and your transaction is complete
Where Can Fuel Cards Be Used?
With your Fuelwise Fuel Card, you have access to the largest fuel card network in the UK and Ireland, with over 5,250 sites to choose from. Brands that are a part of the Fuelwise network includes Applegreen, BP, Certa, Circle K, Emo Oil, Esso, Jet, Maxol, MFG, Texaco, Top Oil, and large supermarket brands such as Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s. You can find sites using E-Route, our free fuel card site locator tool.
Learn more about our Fuelwise Fuel Cards;
What Are The Benefits Of Fuel Cards?
Fuel cards provide many benefits, such as cost savings, VAT approved invoices, high quality fuel, increased security, and the ability to link with Telematics systems.
Now that you are aware of how fuel cards work, the next step is to choose a fuel card that is perfect for your business. You can find out more about the Fuelwise Fuel Card for Ireland or the UK and discover the range of benefits you will receive.
Other benefits include;
- Discount fuel prices available
- Reduction in fleet management costs
- Increased security and prevention of fraud
- Online Management Tools
- Monitor filling patterns
- Fleet Efficiency and accurate MPG reporting
- Reduce internal administration costs
- Simple invoicing with clear VAT separation
- No interest on purchases
- No need for receipts
- GPS Vehicle Tracking & Fuel Card Integration
Are Fuel Cards Worth It?
We are firm believers that fuel cards are worth it. Don’t just take our word for it, check out this review;
Definitely recommend! I was recommended fuel wise by a family member and I’m glad I took the advice. The application was straightforward and a team member was in touch promptly. Robert dealt with my application and had my account set up within a day, he has also kept in touch to ensure I have all the information I need and that I had received fuel cards ect.
We have many more fuel card reviews on Trustpilot.
Fuel Cards enable individuals and businesses to refuel and purchase fuel without cash or credit cards. They are suitable for businesses such as limited companies and sole traders. The Fuelwise Fuel Card is accepted at over 5,250 sites across the UK and Ireland, offering cost savings amongst other benefits.
Fuel Card Application
To apply for Fuelwise Fuel Cards complete the form below. Once received, a member of our team will contact you.
- Right Fuel Card Vs Fuelwise | Which Should You Choose? - 13/02/2024
- Fuel Card Site Network Update (February 2024) - 13/02/2024
- Fuel Genie Fuel Card Vs Fuelwise | Which Should You Choose? - 08/02/2024