In this blog post we will explain how to use a fuel card.
First you need to know what a fuel card is.
What is a Fuel Card?
A fuel card is very similar to a credit card without the interest charges; each fuel card has a set network of sites around the Ireland, UK or Europe at which your fuel card can be used.
Check out this blog where we discuss further what a fuel card is.
How do fuel cards work?
Fuel Cards enable your drivers and employees to fill up their company vehicle without spending their own money – but how do fuel cards work?
Our guide will provide you with instructions that you can pass on to your staff, advising how to use their fuel card.
How to use a fuel card
Fuel Cards are very simple to use. Instead of using their own cash or credit card to purchase fuel, they can fill up using a fuel card. The company is then billed directly for the fuel.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using a fuel card;
- Arrive at a fuel station included on the fuel card network
- Fill up your vehicle with the amount of fuel required
- Present your fuel card to the petrol station cashier
- When prompted, enter your four digit PIN
- If you wish you can provide your registration and and mileage
- The cashier will then process the transaction via the fuel card
- Depending on the site you may be asked to provide your signature
If your driver is using an automatic site then they should use this step-by-step guide;
- Insert their fuel card into the card reader
- Insert their four digit PIN number
- Enter Odometer (Mileage) – PRESS ENTER
- Enter Data (Reg. No) – PRESS ENTER
- The terminal will display the transaction limit on screen before the pump is started
- Fill your vehicle with the amount of fuel required
Where can fuel cards be used?
Fuelwise Fuel Cards can be used at over 4,950 sites across the UK and Ireland. This consists of all major brands, large supermarkets and many independent sites. Searching for sites couldn’t be easier, you can use our online site locator or download our app for free on iOS and Android.
What are the benefits of a fuel card?
There are many benefits including reduced fuel spend, HMRC approved invoices, access to the largest site network, reduced admin and increased security.
Fuelwise Fuel Cards
Fuelwise Fuel Cards are designed for small and large businesses in Ireland and Northern Ireland, providing a safe, secure and convenient method for purchasing fuel. Whether you have one vehicle or 100, you can experience the great benefits of a fuel card at over 4,900 fuel stations across Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK. Fuelwise Fuel Cards are accepted at all major brands including Circle K, Maxol, Texaco, Top Oil, ESSO, Applegreen and leading supermarkets. Many of these sites are HGV friendly and operate 24-hour opening hours. Fuelwise is trusted by thousands of businesses in NI & ROI as their preferred fuel card supplier.
Fuel Card Application
You can apply for Fuelwise Fuel Cards by completing the form below.